Our first topic will be Equity Release...
We are hosting a series of events focused on an area which is becoming increasingly important to the professional services industry in South Lakes. Many of our clients are retired and in the later phases of life, many of them fortunately enjoying good health and the fruits of financial prudence and good planning. Many people are now more active in retirement than ever before.
But things have changed: property prices have risen locally meaning equity is tied up, income from savings has fallen, as has the real value of the state pension. We see many families coming to us for guidance on how to make the most of their assets in the face of increased cost of living and a difficult investment environment. Ways of funding longer retirements and care costs, overcoming problems of wealth tied up in property or even making sure younger family members are supported in their quest to get on the property ladder; all very real concerns for the over 55’s.
Equity Release Masterclasses
We will be holding two events for solicitors, accountants and other relevant professionals, supported by Just Retirement and Partnership – with alternative dates for your convenience.
- Monday 5th August 9.30 - 10.30am FMB Office, Shenstone House, Kendal
- Wednesday 11th September 9.30 – 10.30am FMB Office, Shenstone House, Kendal
The benefits of our masterclass
- An introduction to equity release
- Identify the types of client for whom equity release might be appropriate
- Gain an understanding of the different types of Equity Release
- Understand the pros and cons
- Discover how financial planning using Equity Release can have a positive outcome for your client
- Understand the process we would go through to ensure the client and their family understood the product and the future impact as well as benefits
Please contact Ruth now to book a place, or call her on 01539 725855
Also available for booking now:
Long Term Care planning
This masterclass will be supported by Liverpool Victoria. Again CPD certificates will be available for solicitors and accountants.
Monday 23rd September 9.30-10.30 FMB Office, Shenstone House, Kendal
- Learn how increased life expectancy is impacting on care arrangements
- Understand the current system and who has to pay for what and when
- Identify the changes proposed to social care and how they will work in reality for your clients
- Discover the alternative ways to pay for long term care and the pros and cons of each
Our FMB philosophy is to work together with fellow professionals, we regularly invite our e-mail contacts to join us for in-house training sessions from industry experts. To be sure of an invitation to future events please subscribe to our mailing list on the homepage. You can also hear news and opinion via our twitter feed @FMBkendal