Telephone: 01539 725855 – no phone menus – talk to a real person today who can direct you to what you need

Health insurance

This is cover taken out to pay bills for private medical treatment.


Buying one security and selling another in order to reduce risk.

High yield bonds

A class of corporate bonds which pay a relatively high level of return. This is because the underlying risk of the bonds defaulting is higher than on other grades of bonds. They are also called junk or sub-investment grade bonds.

Home insurance

This pays out for damage, destruction or theft that occurs in or to your property. It’s split into buildings and contents cover: The first covers the structure and immoveable objects (such as fitted kitchen units) and the second covers your possessions. Buildings insurance will be compulsory if you have a mortgage, as your lender will demand you have cover.

← Back to Glossary

© Financial Management Bureau Ltd 2011 - 2017. All rights reserved.
Financial Management Bureau Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered office: Shenstone House, Helsington, Kendal, Cumbria LA8 8AA. Registered number: 02089786