This week at FMB has been a great time for getting me ready for the future. The importance of work experience is undeniably, well… important!
Here are the main reasons why work experience has been so important:
1. Firstly, if I wanted to go down the financial route then this will attract employers as I’ve experienced the sector already. Giving me a better chance than people who haven’t, while also looking great on a CV.
2. Being in a professional environment means that it helps me know how to present myself with proper professionalism. I need to make sure that I’m dressed smart and ready to work, from 9 to 5.
3. Because I’m being quite open about my options, it will help me identify my own skills and also highlight which areas I need to work on to develop my learning further.
4. Any employer will tell you that communication skills are crucial. This experience has developed my understanding and comfort in engaging with colleagues and clients/customers.
5. Finally, computer skills are key in a lot of companies. Work experience has meant that I can put those skills to use. Also it introduces me to various software so I am able to use them later on.
Dan has been on a week long work experience from Queen Elizabeth School, Kirkby Lonsdale. Well done Dan, you've been a great team member!