If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
UK fraud prevention groups are warning individuals to be extra vigilant following a huge increase in the number of scams seeking to exploit the pandemic; as these scams increase in sophistication, we are all vulnerable.
Your best tactic is to equip yourself to stay ScamSmart; you can do this through checking the FCA website. Action Fraud* revealed there was a massive 400% increase in reporting of scams in March this year. As scams continue to increase in sophistication it is harder than ever to distinguish them from the real thing.
- Reject offers that come out of the blue
- Do not click on links from senders you do not know and be wary of even those you do recognise
- Be wary of deals that sound too good to be true
- Never give out personal details
- Take the time to make the appropriate checks and seek financial guidance.
Here to Help
We are always here to act as a sounding board so if you are unsure about any financial opportunities you have been contacted about, please feel free to run them past us first.
*Action Fraud, 2020