Earlier in the year we asked the team to choose a local charity to support for 2023. From a shortlist of 5 very worthy local charities, we chose Springfield Domestic Abuse Support, a Kendal based charity.
Springfield is a specialist organisation committed to delivering high quality support to victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
Their services include:
- Dedicated and focused 1:1 support
- Refuge accommodation
- Peer support groups
- Therapeutic recovery programmes
- Awareness training for external organisations
Our charity committee has met with Springfield to look for ways we can support them, not just financially but with our expertise and resources. This will include:
- Collection point for donations to Springfield. This can include clothes, toiletries and household items for those setting up a new life and home
- Pro bono support for those needing financial advice
- Fundraising events and challenges with our team
You can find out more about this incredible charity on their website. If you have any donations of clothes etc. you would like to leave with us please feel free to drop off if you are passing. Look out for details of how you can join in with our events and fundraising on Facebook and in our regular newsletters.