FMB has a good history of endeavouring to be a responsible business. When we were established in 1987, the purpose was to bring financial guidance to the local community in the small rural village where we began. The ethos was always to get good financial outcomes for our clients as they were our neighbours and friends. To thrive in a small community, you must be trustworthy and behave ethically towards all stakeholders.
For over 20 years we held the Investors in People accreditation but recently we have been looking for a new challenge and have chosen B-Corp as a framework for improvement. Focusing on B-Corp means we can continue to create great outcomes for all our stakeholders and look for ways to improve our environmental footprint too. Although as a professional service our environmental impact is limited and the scope for alternative travel is difficult given the geography of our local market, the first step is to audit and monitor our use of resources including car travel.
Adopting B-Corp certification can bring a number of benefits to a company, both in terms of its impact on society and the environment, as well as its reputation and financial performance. Here are some of the reasons why a company might choose to adopt B-Corp certification:
- Social and environmental impact: B-Corp certification requires companies to meet rigorous social and environmental standards. By adopting B-Corp certification, a company can demonstrate its commitment to sustainability, ethical business practices, and social responsibility.
- Competitive advantage: B-Corp certification can give a company a competitive advantage in the market. Customers, investors, and employees are increasingly looking for companies that are committed to social and environmental responsibility, and B-Corp certification can help a company stand out from its competitors.
- Improved reputation: B-Corp certification can improve a company's reputation by demonstrating its commitment to social and environmental responsibility. This can lead to increased customer loyalty and a more positive brand image.
- Attraction of talent: B-Corp certification can help a company attract top talent that is looking for a company that is committed to making a positive impact on society and the environment.
- Financial performance: B-Corps have been shown to have better financial performance than their peers. This is because they are able to attract more customers, investors, and talent, and are often more innovative and efficient.
Overall, adopting B-Corp certification will help us to create a more sustainable, ethical, and profitable business model. Watch this space - we will keep you informed of our progress!